January 2024 – Mainspring Academy held its first biannual Special Olympics event at the duPont YMCA, with the help of parent volunteers and friends at the Jacksonville Sharks and the Jacksonville Fire Rescue Department. Congratulations to the 1st place winners of our Basketball and Flag Football Games: Nathan Muzichuk, Ashlyn Arbogust, Maddox Evans, and Taylor Barrett!
Miles for Mainspring 2024 begins this week! Good luck to all of our registrants!
- Monday, February 12th -Sunday, February 18th – Miles for Mainspring 2024
- Tuesday, February 13th– Open Parent Action Committee (PAC) Meeting 9:15am at Mainspring Academy
- Monday, February 12th- Friday, February 16th – Black History Month: ABC I Love Me Week
- Tuesday, February 13th – STUDENT Val Pals Due
- Thursday, February 15th – Out-of-Pocket Tuition and Extended Care fees due
- Monday, February 19th – SCHOOL CLOSED for President’s Day
- Tuesday, February 20th-Friday, February 23rd – Black History Month: Famous Firsts Week
- Monday, February 26th– Black History Month: Alma Thomas Art Project
Questions or missing any forms? Check Quickschools! Many questions and requests can also be submitted in the Parent Corner of our website! More Information (Quickschools)> More Information (Parent Corner)>
Mr. Dabbs – February 2nd
Katie – February 3rd
Mr. Frank – February 5th
Ms. Sheri – February 6th
Jada– February 9th
Ms. Luisa– February 20th
Ms. Ahyanna – February 23rd
Allan– February 26th
Mainspring Academy has been awarded a Fall grant from HEAL Foundation to help us enhance our playground! We are so excited to be able to provide some new equipment to help our students regulate, unwind, and have fun during recess!
On behalf of the Mainspring Academy community of parents, staff, and supporters, thank you for the compassion and commitment you have shown for our students and school. It is the kindness of our donors and volunteers that has helped us to expand in size and quality, furthering our mission to provide quality, individualized education in a safe learning environment for students with intellectual and developmental differences who are often missed.
Thank you for the differences you make.
Hello, It’s me again, Benny the Manatee! Congratulations to all of our Special Olympics participants! It was so fun to see all of my friends compete!
Keep an eye out for our Famous Firsts Week this month! I can’t wait to see all the ways each of our classes will be celebrating historical figures for Black History Month: Honoring the past and Inspiring the Future!
A few friendly reminders:
(1) All volunteers NOT listed as a student’s parent, guardian, or sibling must complete a Volunteer Application to be kept on file. More Information>.
(2) If seeking parent participation credit, all volunteer hours must be reported via Parent Participation Credit Request Form. More Information>.
There will be a Parent Action Committee (PAC) Meeting Tuesday, February 13th at 9:15am in the Mainspring Academy Cafeteria to discuss Teacher Appreciation Week! Parents interested in joining our volunteer event/holiday planning team can access meeting dates, topics, notes, signups, team updates, and action-day group messaging! Join our Parent Action Committee (PAC) (via Mobile or Desktop App)>
Our two Special Olympics events for the year have been scheduled! Volunteers will be needed from 11am-2pm at the duPont YMCA 7373 Old King’s Rd S, Jacksonville FL 32217 on January for Flag Football/Basketball and April for Track/Soccer. Details on dates and times in the following link. Get on the list>
Curious about Mainspring Academy’s needs and how to support us through donations, pledges, or sponsorships? Check out our Ways to Give Page. More Information>
FOOD TRUCK FRIDAYS
Click to view the 2023-2024 Food Truck Schedule! >
(Beginning September 2023)
Exciting News! Check back towards the end of August! Link to Mainspring Store Coming Soon!